Blog Eelway - Consigne et transfert de bagages
17 May 2017
You are searching for tips and answers about those questions: “Where to leave your luggage in Paris?” or “Where to leave my luggage in Paris”? We have done our best to give you all the details about different ways to leave, store your baggage in Paris (lockers, left-luggage service, luggage concierge service…).
“Classic” luggage storage or Lockers in Paris
It is where usually people think to store their bags while travelling. So where to leave your luggage in Paris? Available in most of Parisian train stations (excepted in Bercy and Austertliz train stations) and in Paris Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport (There is any lockers in Paris-Orly Airport. Other services are available to keep your belongings into safe areas), the lockers are one of the way to leave your bags for a few hours.
Luggage lockers are secure places where you can leave your baggage for a few hours or a few days (with a maximum of 3 days in a row). There are different sizes of lockers to keep your bags. Prices depend on luggage size and storage time. This type of storage can be useful for a few hours if you don’t want to carry your baggage but it isn’t convenient and often expensive if you have more than 1 piece of luggage and there is no insurance because you are responsive of the belongings you store into lockers.
Keep in mind that the lockers are sometime closed for maintenance or because of a strike of the employees (you are travelling in France 😊). Moreover, it is sometime full during peak times, such as spring/summer breaks and holiday periods, so you need to contact the company (Itirémia) that manages the lockers in train station to be up to date before leaving your bags.
Luggage lockers in Train stations in Paris:
- Gare du Nord
- Gare de Lyon
- Gare Saint-Lazare
- Gare de l’Est
- Gare Montparnasse (under maintenance, closed until further notice)
- Gare d’Austerlitz (closed until further notice)
Lockers in Train stations in the Parisian suburbs:
- Gare de Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy – Disneyland
There is no locker in subway stations of Paris, Bercy train station and the train station of Charles-de-Gaulle CDG Paris Airport.
Benefits of lockers in Paris train stations:
- Automatics, you are the one that put your bags in the locker and retrieve them
- Available in most of train stations in Paris (managed by Itirémia, a private company)
Drawbacks of lockers in Paris train stations:
- Can be expensive for more than 1 piece of luggage
- You cannot store your bags more than 3 days in a row
- Sometime closed for maintenance
- Sometime full during spring and summer periods (Paris is one of the most visited city in the world)
- During peak times, you can have a large lineup of people to leave and retrieve your baggage
The French national railway company (SNCF) launched in December 2017 a new service where you can leave your bags in the lockers of the train stations and be delivered at your hotel, rental anywhere in Paris (and vice versa where you leave your luggage at the reception desk of your hotel and you get it back before your train departure at the lockers in the train station, or at any terminal of Paris airports (Orly and Charles-de-Gaulle – CDG airports).
More information about the service here (in French only). We also talk about this service later in this article.
Eelway luggage storage service – Transfer luggage service in Paris
More than a simple luggage storage, a new way to keep your luggage in Paris
Eelway mobile luggage storage is a new generation of luggage storage that offers more than just a way to leave your bags. Eelway service enables you to enjoy each moment in Paris without carrying your baggage (of course because it’s a luggage storage!) BUT you don’t have to go back to your hotel, to the airport or the train station; in a nutshell to the place where you let your luggage… Your luggage is delivered where you want & when you need. More you can leave any type of luggage because price is same regardless of weight or size. If you want to know more about our service functioning, rendez-vous to the page How does it work?
Where can you leave your luggage in Paris with Eelway?
The luggage storage and transfer in available anywhere in Paris, and suburbs, train stations and airports. Here are the different services offered:
Where to leave your luggage in Paris with Eelway?
- Home and rental (Airbnb): any address in Paris and its suburbs. Your concierge collects and deliver your luggage at the frontdoor for your appartment
- Hotels and B&B: your can leave and retreive your bags at the reception desk of your hotel in Paris and its suburbs
- Offices: we manage from A to Z suitcases of your staffs, colleagues and clients in Paris between offices and train stations and airports.
- Parisian train stations:
- luggage storage service in Gare de Lyon train station
- luggage storage in Gare du Nord train station
- luggage storage in Gare Montparnasse train station
- luggage storage in Gare de l’Est train station
- luggage storage in Gare d’Austerlitz station
- luggage storage in Gare de Bercy station
- Luggage storage in Gare Saint-Lazare
- luggage storage in Gare de Marne-la-Vallée – Disneyland Paris
- luggage storage in Gare TGV in Paris-CDG Airport (our concierge can meet you in the station to collect and deliver your bags)
- Paris airports:
There is no possibility to store and transfer your luggage to Paris Beauvais Airport but you can leave and retreive your luggage at Porte Maillot Bus station.
Benefits of Eelway luggage storage service:
- Anywhere in Paris
- Team available from 6am to 10pm
- A team of Professionals that seals and store your belongings in secure areas
- Single price regardless of luggage size or weight
- Booking online on our site, by phone: +33, by email
Drawback of Eelway luggage storage service:
- We are always improving our service thanks to you.
Finally, where can I leave my luggage in Paris?
Classic lockers, Eelway mobile luggage storage… You are now able to find the best way to store your luggage in Paris! 😉
16 May 2017
Eelway and AccorHotels partnership
If you ever stayed at a hotel (AccorHotels or not), it’s very likely that you asked them for storing your luggage at some point. The situation is very common: it’s the last day of your holidays, you have to leave your room in the morning, but your flight or your train only leaves in the evening. So you leave your bags at the hotel for a few hours so you can enjoy your day.
This is a useful option, but it’s far from being perfect! You still have to shorten your last day to come back and pick up your bags at the hotel before going to the airport or train station. This is not an ideal solution for hotels either, because it requires to manage employees and space to store all these bags.
We at Eelway, we don’t accept situations that are not 100% efficient for everybody (travelers and tourism professionals), and we work hard to find the best solution. That’s why we started working with AccorHotels, one of the most important hotel group in the world, and we are now testing Eelway’s mobile luggage storage in 5 of their hotels: Ibis Montmartre, Pullman Paris centre Bercy, Novotel Versailles château, Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel et Novotel Suites Stade de France.
Eelway teleports your luggage from the hotel to the airport terminal
When a client wants to get rid of his bags, he will be able to book a concierge very easily, and give him his luggage when he leaves his room. Shopping, visit of the Louvre museum, business meeting… the traveler is free can fully enjoy his day, while his concierge takes care of moving the bags. He will wait for the client in front of his check-in desk at the airport or in front of his platform in the train station, and will give him back his luggage in person.
Travelers can also book a concierge to leave their luggage when they arrive in Paris, as they get off the plane or the train. They can then fully enjoy their first day in Paris, and will get their bags back when they arrive at the hotel in the evening.
We are very happy to collaborate with AccorHotels, and to share our know-how for their clients. Since we started Eelway, our goal is to help every travelers, tourists and business travelers. Working with AccorHotels, most clients of which are staying in their hotels for business purpose, enables us to make a first step towards business travelers and a more dedicated offer for businesses.